Disclaimer: I received a free entry to The BCS Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I just registered for a race! You all know the feeling… don’t think, just do it! This marathon isn’t until December, but I like registering for races ahead of time so that I 1. get the lowest price 2. secure my spot! and 3. forget about what I’ve done until it comes time to train! 😉
I’m really excited for this one, because it’s close enough to home that I won’t need to fly, but still far enough away that I will stay in a hotel overnight.
I’m all registered for the Half Marathon. It was a tough decision between the full or half, so I ultimately went with what I thought I’d have more fun doing. I love the challenge of the full marathon, but I’m not quite sure I’m over the pain of the last one yet. 🙂
So! A little bit about the race:
- It’s on December 10, 2017 (yay, cool weather!)
- It’s located in College Station, Texas – home of the Aggies (also known as “Aggieland.” I’ve never been, so I’m excited to explore.
- It’s a half and full marathon (I’m doing the half).
- It has a few rolling hills, but otherwise flat course and the course is USAT&F Certified.
- The swag sounds awesome – a tech tee, finisher’s medal AND a finisher’s jacket! AND a surprise “bonus” item that I am really curious to see!
- There’s an epic after party with food and beer!
So! I am really excited for this race and can’t wait to have a little weekend run-cation!
Do you plan your events way ahead of time? Do you register last minute?