Disclaimer: I received a pair of AfterShokz Trekz Air and to give away and to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Are you looking for the perfect gift for a runner in your life (totally OK if that’s yourself!)?
I wanted to give the gift of SAFETY and the best headphones in the world. I literally do not know where to begin with these headphones. I. love. them.
They allow you to still hear ambient sounds (safety comes first – always be aware of your surroundings!) while still hearing your music or podcasts with impeccable quality.
I have been using AfterShokz Trekz Titanium headphones for basically ever, and now we have the new and improved AfterShokz Trekz Air (how can these headphones get any better?!). They are almost exactly the same – they are thinner and, as the name suggests, light as air. I have literally walked out the door with them on and gone BACK inside thinking I forgot my headphones! literally to find them on my ears.
The Trekz Air have many similar qualities as the Trekz Titamiun as far as function – great sound quality, AMAZING battery life, lightweight, durable (they’ve literally survived a load of laundry, though not recommended), and connect seamlessly to Bluetooth. The bottoms on the headphones will adjust the volume, pause, play a song, you can talk on the phone… the whole bit. All in an even lighter package!
A few questions I commonly get about these headphones are…
But do they feel weird on your ears since they don’t go in your ears like earbuds?…
Nope. At first, you might wonder “am I wearing these correctly?” but you are. They just sit there. They will not bounce or budget, despite what you might think.
But is the sound quality still good since they don’t go in your ear? What about that bass?…
The sound quality is JUST as amazing (if not, better) than any earbuds or other headphones I’ve ever tried. I like my music LOUD (too loud) and I love bass (hip hop/rap fan here) and these do not disappoint.
How is the battery life?…
Amazing. “6 hours of continuous play” per their website. I charge mine maybe once a week wearing them for every. single. run. Plus, they are rechargeable and charge quickly!
Can I wear them in the rain? What if I’m a heavy sweater?…
They are technically water resistant, not water PROOF – BUT – they can withstand a lot. I am convinced that the only thing that might mess them up is literally scuba diving with them. They have lasted through a load of laundry, a really sweaty Texas summer, and lots of rainy runs. I wouldn’t worry unless you’re going swimming!
How do I know which size will fit best?…
These headphones come in two sizes – regular and mini. Keep in mind that these headphones are not meant to fit snug to your head. They are meant to hang a little around your head. I wouldn’t worry too much – I honestly think most people can fit the regular size, and kids/women with small heads could pull off either size or the minis. I can wear either one comfortably. I recommend using their handy dandy sizing tool here.
I also want to note that if you’re concerned at all with the quality/durability of these headphones, AfterShokz has THE BEST (THE ACTUAL BEST) customer support. If something crazy happens to your beloved headphones, just fill out a warranty claim form and upon review they will send you a brand spankin’ new pair. They are also very active and responsive on social media and have a “chat” on their website (love that)!
So, down to the nitty gritty. I’ve included some fun facts about the Trekz Air…
Aftershokz Trekz Air
“The next generation of bone conduction technology is what’s inside our lightest and most organically designed open ear headphones to date. We cut the bulk and used titanium everywhere possible to ensure they not only fit more securely but sound better too. Trekz Air are inspired by the demands of elite and aspiring athletes motivated by their music and their world.”
- Bone conduction technology delivers music through your cheekbones, ensuring ears remain completely open to hear ambient sounds
- A 20% lighter build than its counterpart
- A new organic design delivers increased comfort
- Complete wraparound titanium design provides a flexible fit for unnoticeable all-day comfort and stability
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
- Bluetooth® v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- Enjoy six hours of continuous music + calls on a single charge
- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
- Hassle-free 2-year warranty
- Speaker type: bone conduction transducers
- Frequency response: 20Hz~20KHz
- Sensitivity: 100 ± 3dB
- Microphone: -40dB ± 3dB
- Bluetooth version: v4.2
- Compatible profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HSP, HFP
- Wireless range: 33 ft (10m)
- Battery: rechargeable lithium ion
- Continuous play: 6 hours
- Standby time: 20 days
- Charge in: 2 hours
- Weight: 1.06 oz (30g)
So, if you’re looking for the perfect gift for yourself and a runner in your life, I highly, highly recommend taking advantage of the AfterShokz bundle deals! Use this link for discounts all year round! share.aftershokz.com/JENNAK