Spring has sprung! For runners, this means it’s time for minimal clothing, a ridiculous amount of sweat, extra electrolytes, (extra) early mornings, and the iconic and glorious runner’s mark: THE Garmin watch tan.
So, as leggings and pullovers turn into shorts and tanks, I’ve run into a few new favorites and have a few oldies that are still going strong.
Let’s check it out!
- Ultima Replenisher – This electrolyte replacement powder mix has been my favorite for a while now. I had the chance to try a few new flavors and discovered my love for good ol’ fashioned “lemonade.” It mixes well with other flavors (I’m a powder mixer), tastes great on its own, and keeps me feeling great through the sweaty runs. I have at least one scoop per day, two if it’s a blazin’ hot one. Use code ULBRAVE19 for 10% off at amazon.com/shops/ultimareplenisher
2. Thinksport Sunscreen – Living in Texas, sunscreen is a MUST. Every. Day. I use it religiously and still get a tan. I would be a Doritos Nacho Cheese chip without it. Wear it. Bathe in it. Put it by the front door so you don’t forget. Plus, Thinksport is safe for skin – no weird chemicals.
3. Aftershokz Trekz Air – These are a classic. Aftershokz have been my favorite for EVER now. They are literally (literally!) the ONLY headphones I will run in. I’ve gotten a pair for my mom and dad, that’s how good (and NECESSARY) they are. Stay safe by hearing your surroundings, yet listen to your music without compromise. Save $55 on any “bundle” with this link https://glnk.io/4w4/kinzie and code JENNAK
4. Knockaround Sunglasses – Classic. Cheap, colorful, multiple styles, do the job. Look good. Enough said! Love them! https://share.knockaround.com/x/qMeW9j for 10% off!
5. Garmin Forerunner 645 Music – LOVE. Looks good, not huge/bulky, has ALL the functions PLUS music controls or storage, lightweight, quick charge! I definitely recommend this running watch! For specific Q’s, let me know! bit.ly/GarminJ
6. Sabre Safety Pepper Gel – This little handheld pepper spray straps onto your hand – I don’t even notice it’s there. For the peace of mind, this has been the BEST $10 ever spent. The pepper “spray” is actually GEL for better accuracy! https://www.sabrered.com/
7. WIN Sports Detergent – AKA the Best Sports Detergent. “It is a staple for runners, cyclists and anyone who sweats when they work out.” If you get sweaty you know that sometimes your favorite workout gear can get a little raunchy. This gets clothing good as new AND is safe for sensitive skin! (A MUST for me!) https://www.windetergent.com/
8. Loopy case – The Loopy case is a NECESSITY. Like the Aftershokz, I’ve been using this case since this was a startup company. It is the only case I use now. I don’t have to grip my phone, selfies are a breeze, and I can hold my phone with one finger. It’s one of those things that seems odd but once you use it, you can never go back. https://www.loopycases.com/
9. Huma Gel – I’ve known that I need to step up my fuel game and finally have. I like Huma Gels because they’re not “gooey” like frosting (NOT appetizing in the heat) and have natural ingredients. What more could I ask for! They also have tons of really refreshing flavors and even have a “Recovery” drink! https://humagel.com/
10. Koala Clip – For the LADIES! I LOVE that I discovered this tiny yet powerful accessory. Always trying to find great shorts, pants, clothing items with pockets? Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE pockets (see next item) – but don’t EVER worry about a place to put your phone again! Just clip this simple pocket onto the back of your sports bra (or wherever really!) and you’re good to go. https://koalaclip.com/
11. Senita Swift Shorts 4 – OHH. MY. GOSH. Another one for the ladies. These shorts. They are just plain comfy. They don’t squeeze you in or chafe. They just allow your legs to be FREE! I feel like shorts are really really different for everyone but I think these are definitely one to try. Another favorite (not shown) from Senita are the Rio Shorts! Stretchy, move with your body, and POCKETS! http://senita/Jenna for 10% off!
12. Oiselle New Roga Cap – OK THIS HAT. This is not like a normal hat. It’s light as a feather. Like, I’m almost worried I will tear it. I know I won’t but. Still. It’s super thin, you can ball it up and stick it in your shorts if you’re done with it, it has a little zipper POCKET (yes – a HAT with a POCKET) big enough for a house key or something small, AND has reflective detailing. Seriously, I don’t know what else a 2 ounce hat could pack. Way to go, Oiselle. Another *functional* home run! https://www.talkable.com/x/V2iQEM for $20 off!
13. Brooks Caldera 3 – This is one I did not, in one million years, expect to be on my “Spring Favorites” list. Really and truly. I also never thought I’d sign up for a trail race. But, you know, one thing leads to another… Long story short – I ended up splurging on a pair of actual trail shoes and H O L Y GUACAMOLE. I run on these even on the roads. They are SO cushioned. Like running on air. Or clouds. Pillows. Marshmallows. Anything soft! I highly recommend these for a neutral runner looking for a trail shoe! Now I need more colors! https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/brooks and use Rakuten for 2-10% cash back at Brooks and other running stores! (No strings!) https://www.rakuten.com/r/JKINZI