Disclaimer: I received an Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler Duffel to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
For videos showing how versatile this duffel is: http://shop.eaglecreek.com/cargo-hauler-duffel-60l-m/d/1527
From the Eagle Creek website:
- ULTRA-LIGHT (You can’t tell by the picture, but the 60L weighs only 1 lb 12 oz!)
- Made with an extra-durable, water-repellent coated Bi-Tech™ Armor Lite fabric: a fusion of technology that merges max abrasion-resistance with ultra-light carry
- Bartack reinforcement on all high stress points for maximum schlepping
- Carry by its removable backpack straps, padded top haul handles, or side grab handle
- U-shaped lid for easy access to main compartment
- Sizeable easy-access zippered end pockets for gear organization
- Six heavy-duty lash points for attaching this bag to a roof rack
- #10 lockable zippers with storm flap shield zipper from rain
- Bottom is foam padded to help protect contents against impact
For a visual of about how big this size (60L/Medium) is:
So, my thoughts!
This duffel is a great size! Big enough to take traveling and fit everything you need for a short getaway, yet small enough to take as a carry-on bag. Needless to say, the ability to carry it as a BACKPACK is AMAZING. Plus the backpack straps are legit and comfy. Not just straps for the heck of calling it versatile. It’s functional. It works. Having the option to carry it as a duffel is nice, too!
The bad itself is EXTREMELY lightweight. When I got it in the mail I thought they must have forgotten to put the item in the box! Plus, it packs into itself into about the size of a shoe box, which is nice for storage.
All the different compartments are PERFECT – especially for runners/people carrying items like shoes, gadgets, and stinky/sweaty clothes. This would also be great for hiking since it’s durable, waterproof, and easy to carry. It will definitely be traveling with me to Colorado next summer!